This month’s recipe from Jennifer B. of Two Fit Girls makes a fantastic grab-and-go snack, post-workout recovery and meal replacement in a pinch. These fudgy peanut butter protein bars are as deliciously decadent as they are good for you!
- Serves: 4 servings
- Serving size: 1 bar
- Calories: 284
- Fat: 15 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.5 g
- Sugar: 2 g
- Protein: 29 g
- 4 scoops chocolate protein powder
- ⅔ cup flax meal
- ½ cup gluten free oats
- 4 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup water or unsweetened almond milk
- Stevia or other sweetener of choice
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and stir. Add sweetener, if desired.
- Keep stirring until mixture becomes a dough-like consistency. You may need to add more water or almond milk.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and place in separate pieces of plastic wrap and shape into bars.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
Lauren Peper and Jennifer Broughton are the health coaches and personal trainers behind Two Fit Girls, a Raleigh, NC-based company specializing in health coaching, boot camps and healthy foods. To learn more about Two Fit Girls, join their fitness community on Facebook or contact them at email@example.com.